There is not better source than Jesus Christ, himself. The simplest step is to go to an internet Bible site and read one of the accounts of his life and teachings. You might start with the books of John, or Luke. These books are two of the four books called the Gospels.
What do I need to know about Christianity?
Christians believe that God’s Spirit empowers them to live in a kind and peace- loving way. Most Christians throughout history have believed that Jesus is both fully God and fully human. Christians use the term Trinity, meaning that there is one God who exists in three persons: The Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
What book of the Bible should I study first?
1. The gospels. One good place to start is in the New Testament with one of the gospels. By starting in a gospel, you can get to know Jesus and his character and see what he is like as a person.
What are the 3 unforgivable sins?
I believe that God can forgive all sins provided the sinner is truly contrite and has repented for his or her offenses. Here’s my list of unforgivable sins: ÇMurder, torture and abuse of any human being, but particularly the murder, torture and abuse of children and animals.
What is Christianity main focus?
At its most basic, Christianity is the faith tradition that focuses on the figure of Jesus Christ. In this context, faith refers both to the believers’ act of trust and to the content of their faith. As a tradition, Christianity is more than a system of religious belief.
How do you read the entire Bible in a year?
5 Steps to Use a Bullet Journal to Read the Bible in a Year
- Step 1: Choose a One-Year Bible Reading Plan. …
- Step 2: Create a 12-Month Bullet Journal Bible Reading Tracker. …
- Step 3: Write the Bible Readings Weekly or Monthly. …
- Step 4: Check Off Days and Weeks of Readings As You Go.
What book of the Bible should I read to get closer to God?
Consider these verses: 1 Peter 5:7, Psalm 13:1-6, Psalm 18:1-6, 16-19. I promise you this: God knows everything you’re going through and He will use your life circumstances as a way to draw you closer to Him.
What books do I need to study the Bible?
5 Essential Tools for Personal Bible Study
- Bible. All right, this one is obvious, right? …
- Bible Dictionary. Using a Bible Dictionary (Vine’s is popular), or even a regular English dictionary is crucial to making sure you understand what you are reading. …
- Concordance. …
- Bible Atlas. …
What are the 3 worst sins?
According to the standard list, they are pride, greed, wrath, envy, lust, gluttony and sloth, which are contrary to the seven heavenly virtues.
- Laute – eating too expensively.
- Studiose – eating too daintily.
- Nimis – eating too much.
- Praepropere – eating too soon.
- Ardenter – eating too eagerly.
What sin is unforgivable to God?
One eternal or unforgivable sin (blasphemy against the Holy Spirit) is specified in several passages of the Synoptic Gospels, including Mark 3:28–29, Matthew 12:31–32, and Luke 12:10.
Can we go to heaven with tattoos?
Leviticus 19:28 reads, “You shall not make any cuts in your body for the dead nor make any tattoo marks on yourselves: I am the Lord”. Even devout Christian Mr Folau has a couple of tattoos of his own – so there are a lot of sinners going straight to Hell for this one.
What are 3 facts about Christianity?
Followers of the Christian religion base their beliefs on the life, teachings and death of Jesus Christ. Christians believe in one God that created heaven, earth and the universe. The belief in one God originated with the Jewish religion. Christians believe Jesus is the “Messiah” or savior of the world.
What are 5 major beliefs of Christianity?
Some of the main themes that Jesus taught, which Christians later embraced, include:
- Love God.
- Love your neighbor as yourself.
- Forgive others who have wronged you.
- Love your enemies.
- Ask God for forgiveness of your sins.
- Jesus is the Messiah and was given the authority to forgive others.
- Repentance of sins is essential.
Are Jesus and God the same?
The earliest Christians maintained that Jesus was a human being who was made God – a god – a divine being. Later they ended up saying that Jesus was born to the union of God and a mortal because the Holy Spirit came upon Mary and that’s how she conceived Jesus, so Jesus literally had God as his father.