Scripture presents many references to the names for God, but the key names in the Old Testament are El Elyon, El Shaddai and YHWH. In the New Testament Theos, Kyrios and Patēr (πατήρ i.e. Father in Greek) are the essential names.
What are the 16 names of God?
Be sure to visit our original 16 Names of God & What They Mean post as well.
- El Shaddai el shad-di’ Lord God Almighty.
- El Elyon el el-yone’ The Most High God.
- Adonai ad-o-noy’ Lord, Master.
- Yahweh yah-weh Lord, Jehovah.
- Jehovah Nissi yeh-ho-vaw’ nis-see’ The Lord My Banner.
What are the 12 names of God?
Terms in this set (12)
- ELOHIM. My Creator.
- JEHOVAH. My Lord God.
- EL SHADDAI. My Supplier.
- ADONAI. My Master.
- JEHOVAH JIREH. My Provider.
- JEHOVAH ROPHE. My Healer.
- JEHOVAH NISSI. My Banner.
- JEHOVAH MAKADESH. My Sanctifier.
What are the different names of God and their meaning?
Some Quakers refer to God as The Light. Another term used is King of Kings or Lord of Lords and Lord of Hosts. Other names used by Christians include Ancient of Days, Father/Abba which is Hebrew, “Most High” and the Hebrew names Elohim, El-Shaddai, Yahweh, Jehovah and Adonai. … Deus is the Latin word for God.
What are the 100 names of God?
- ADONAI: Lord in our English Bibles (Capital letter ‘L ‘, lower case, ‘ord’)
- Jehovah. …
- JEHOVAH-JIREH: …
- JEHOVAH-ROPHE: …
- JEHOVAH-NISSI: …
- JEHOVAH-M’KADDESH: “The Lord Who Sanctifies” “To make whole, set apart for holiness.” The Lord says: “Consecrate yourselves and be holy, because I am the Lord your God. …
What is the most powerful name of God?
Adonai has a similar context and refers to God as a powerful ruler. Similarly, El Shaddai, derived from “shad” i.e. Lord, also points to the power of God. Yahweh is the principal name in the Old Testament by which God reveals himself and is the most sacred, distinctive and incommunicable name of God.
What is God’s true name?
Yahweh, the god of the Israelites, whose name was revealed to Moses as four Hebrew consonants (YHWH) called the tetragrammaton.
What are the 10 names of God?
NEW: Names of God 3″ Die Cut Stickers!
- Who is God to you? El Shaddai (Lord God Almighty)
- El Elyon (The Most High God)
- Adonai (Lord, Master)
- Yahweh (Lord, Jehovah)
- Jehovah Nissi (The Lord My Banner)
- Jehovah Raah (The Lord My Shepherd)
- Jehovah Rapha (The Lord That Heals)
- Jehovah Shammah (The Lord Is There)
What are the 7 compound names of God?
Seven names of God. The seven names of God that, once written, cannot be erased because of their holiness are the Tetragrammaton, El, Elohim, Eloah, Elohai, El Shaddai, and Tzevaot.
What are the 9 attributes of God?
Are names important to God?
Names are a gift from God. These words contain His power. They give things meaning. They bring us meaning.
What is God’s favorite number?
seven is God’s favorite number. The proof? The Holy Bible. Throughout the Bible (from Genesis to Revelation), the number seven appears many times.
How do you pray God’s name?
10 Names of God And How To Pray Them
- YHWH/Yahweh – yah-way. …
- El/Elohim – el-oh-heem. …
- Yahweh Yireh – yah-way-ji-reh. …
- Yahweh Rapha – yah-way-raw-faw. …
- Yahweh Nissi – yah-way-nee-see. …
- Yahweh Shalom – yah-way-shah-lohm. …
- Yahweh Rohi – yah-way-roh-hee. …
- Yahweh Tsidknenu – yah-way-tzid-kay-noo.
What are the 6 attributes of God?
The six main attributes of God
- Pure Spirit.
- Infinitely Good.
- First cause of all.
What are the 13 names of God?
Names of God Jehovah – The Self-Existent One, The I AM Exodus 3:14, Isaiah 43:13, John 8:58, Revelation 1:8 El Elyon – God Most High Sovereign Psalm 91:1, Isaiah 14:14, Daniel 4:34-35; Genesis 14:18-22 Immanuel – God is With Us Isaiah 7:14 8:8-10, Matthew 1:23, Romans 8:31 Jehovah Mekaddishken – The Lord Who Sanctifies …
What are some godly words?
other words for godly