How many kings are there in Bible?
The Jerusalem Bible divides the two Books of Kings into eight sections: 1 Kings 1:1–2:46.
Who were all the Kings in the Bible?
Kings of Israel (Northern Kingdom)
- Jeroboam I: Led secession of Israel.
- Nadab: Son of Jeroboam I.
- Baasha: Overthrew Nadab.
- Elah: Son of Baasha.
- Zimri: Overthrew Elah.
- Omri: Overthrew Zimri.
- Ahab: Son of Omri; husband of Jezebel.
- Ahaziah: Son of Ahab.
Who were the kings of Israel in order?
House of David (restored)
- Jehoash (r. 836–796 BCE)
- Amaziah (r. 796–767 BCE)
- Uzziah (r. 767–750 BCE)
- Jotham (r. 750–735 BCE)
- Ahaz (r. 735–716 BCE)
- Hezekiah (r. 729/716 – 697/687 BCE)
- Manasseh (r. 697/687–643 BCE)
- Amon (r. 643–640 BCE)
How many evil kings were in the Bible?
According to his own confession, he has done such a wicked act to seventy kings. God brought the same punishment on him when he himself was captured by the Israelites. Bible reference, Judges 1:1-7.
Who was the 1st king in the Bible?
Saul, Hebrew Shaʾul, (flourished 11th century bc, Israel), first king of Israel (c. 1021–1000 bc). According to the biblical account found mainly in I Samuel, Saul was chosen king both by the judge Samuel and by public acclamation.
Who was the youngest king in Bible?
Jehoash of Judah
|Successor||Amaziah, his son|
|Born||c. 843 BCE Jerusalem, Kingdom of Judah|
|Died||c. 797 BCE (aged 45 or 46) Millo, Jerusalem|
|Burial||City of David|
Who was the worst king of Israel?
Ahab became king of Israel in the thirty-eighth year of King Asa of Judah, and reigned for twenty-two years, according to 1 Kings.
|Died||c. 852 BC Ramoth-Gilead, Syria|
|Burial||Samaria, Kingdom of Israel|
|Consort||Jezebel of Sidon|
|Issue||Ahaziah of Israel Jehoram of Israel Athaliah of Judah|
Who were Israel’s first 3 Kings?
In the Bible there were 3 great kings: Saul, David, and Solomon.
How many kings of Judah were good?
And… That’s It. Out of 20 kings, only 5 of them were righteous.
Who ruled Israel after the Kings?
After Rehoboam reigned three years (1 Chronicles 11:17), the kingdom was divided in two – the northern kingdom of Israel under Jeroboam, with its capital, first in Shechem (Nablus), then Tirzah, and finally Samaria, and ruled by a series of dynasties beginning with Jeroboam; and the southern kingdom of Judah with its …
Who are the 3 Kings of Israel?
Israel’s greatest kings were Saul, David, and Solomon.
What militaristic kingdom destroyed Israel?
King Omri built his capital in Samaria (1 Kings 16:24), which continued as such until the destruction of the Kingdom by the Assyrians (2 Kings 17:5).
Who was the most evil king in history?
10 (Allegedly) Mad Monarchs
- Nebuchadnezzar II of Babylon (604-562 B.C.) …
- Caligula, Emperor of Rome (A.D. 12-41) …
- Henry VI of England (1421-1471) …
- The Zhengde Emperor of China (1491-1521) …
- Joanna of Castile (1479-1555) …
- Ivan the Terrible (1533-1584) …
- Rudolf II, Holy Roman Emperor (1552-1612) …
- George III of England (1738-1820)
Who was the nicest king?
So, even nice emperors can leave nasty ones behind.
- Æthelstan (king of England, 925–939)
- Henry VI (king of England, 1422–61; 1470–71)
- Charles I (king of England and Scotland, 1625–49)
- George III (king of Great Britain, 1760–1820)
- Louis XVI (king of France, 1774–92)
- Frederick III (German emperor, 1888)
Who was the best king in the Bible?
Solomon was the biblical king most famous for his wisdom. In 1 Kings he sacrificed to God, and God later appeared to him in a dream, asking what Solomon wanted from God.