I pray to you as I am desperate for help. I need to know that you care, that you love me, be my refuge from pain, replacing my distress with peace, and be my strength when I feel weak and find it hard to carry on.
What are some prayers for strength?
Touch me, O Lord, and fill me with your light and your hope. Amen. Dear God, please give me strength when I am weak, love when I feel forsaken, courage when I am afraid, wisdom when I feel foolish, comfort when I am alone, hope when I feel rejected, and peace when I am in turmoil. Amen.
What did God say about hard times?
Psalm 9:9-10 The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble. Psalm 34:10b Those who seek the Lord lack no good thing. Isaiah 26: 3-4 Those of steadfast mind you keep in peace—because they trust in you. Trust in the Lord forever, for in the Lord God you have an everlasting rock.
How do you thank God in difficult times?
Scripture teaches us to give thanks in all circumstances
As Paul the apostle says in 1 Thessalonians 5:18 – “Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.” And David said in Psalm 34:1 – “I will bless the Lord at all times; his praise shall continually be in my mouth.”
How do we find God in difficult times?
Having faith in God during difficult times can be incredibly hard. Excruciating.
“I am Loved” 4-Week Bible Study Course
- Experience confident joy as God’s love renews your mind.
- Find peace as god’s love helps you let go of worry and fear.
- Rediscover hope as God’s love offers a new perspective on trials.
What is the most powerful healing prayer?
Loving God, I pray that you will comfort me in my suffering, lend skill to the hands of my healers, and bless the means used for my cure. Give me such confidence in the power of your grace, that even when I am afraid, I may put my whole trust in you; through our Savior Jesus Christ.
What God says about overcoming obstacles?
Joshua 1:9 Be strong and courageous; do not be frightened or dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go. Deuteronomy 31:6,8 Be strong and bold; have no fear or dread of them, because it is the Lord your God who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not fail you or forsake you.
What does Psalm 27 say?
Psalm 27 Of David. The LORD is my light and my salvation– whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life– of whom shall I be afraid? When evil men advance against me to devour my flesh, when my enemies and my foes attack me, they will stumble and fall.
Why does God put us through hard times?
God Allows Suffering to Bring Us Closer to Him
And He often uses hard times to get our attention. When things are going great we are not so quick to turn to Him. But when trials come, they often drive us to our knees in search of answers and comfort.
What’s a good scripture for comfort?
Comforting Bible Verses For Death
- Revelation 21:4. ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. …
- Psalm 34:18. The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
- Psalm 147:3. He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.
- John 14:1. …
- Joshua 1:9. …
- Romans 8:28. …
- Matthew 5:4. …
- 1 Thessalonians 4:13-14.
How do you thank God in every situation?
The Good News: There are two traits all Christians should have: peace in their hearts and gratitude towards God. “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
Do we give enough time each day to thank God?
We should spend a time for God in each day, and just at least one rest day or sabbath day to seek his kingdom, thank Him and repent for all our sins that we have committed though words, thoughts, and in actions. … Jesus died for us to save us from our sins.
How can I give thanks to God?
Here is a list of 11 ways in which we can show thanksgiving to God.
- of 11. Remember Him. cstar55/E+/Getty Images. …
- of 11. Recognize His Hand. …
- of 11. Give Thanksgiving in Prayer. …
- of 11. Keep a Gratitude Journal. …
- of 11. Repent of Sins. …
- of 11. Obey His Commandments. …
- of 11. Serve Others. …
- of 11. Express Gratitude to Others.
How do you keep faith in God in hard times?
How To Keep Your Faith Up—Even When Life Is Difficult
- Pray. Ask God, the universe, or whatever higher force you believe in for the strength to love to your full potential. …
- Be generous to others. …
- Get inspired. …
- Surround yourself with people you admire. …
- Get the ball rolling first thing in the morning.
How do you know when God is telling you something?
3 Common Signs God Is Trying To Tell You Something
- Repetitive Messages. One really obvious way that God tries to get your attention is repetition. …
- Friendly Fire. Another obvious sign God is trying to get your attention is through your friends. …
- Hardened Heart.
How do I trust God completely?
Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. This is my favorite Scripture in Proverbs, which tells us that if we are trusting God completely, He will guide us.